shopping cart empty
WORLDWIDE FREE SHIPPING
2-pack

17mm od - 10mm id by 1mm ?
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Login to rate this thread.
#11 (permalink)      12/7/2013 6:44:19 AM   + tips
ManUtd22
  • JoinedJun 2013
  • Posts 55
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos10
19mm are too big. Have tried them only worked with 1 battery.
#12 (permalink)      12/7/2013 9:09:32 AM   + tips
crxess
  • JoinedApr 2013
  • Posts 310
  • Reviews 18
  • Kudos144
1)17mmx10mmx1mm is correct original Nemesis magnets - I believe N42 strength.
May need to be shimmed to boost repelling strength with heavier tanks(Ithaka) a 1.0mm-1.5mm thick nylon washer under the bottom magnet works perfect.

2)DealEx... 14mmx9.5mmx1mm work fine if you use 3 magnets.

I have originals in 1 Nemesis and DealEx... in 2 Nemesis using Ithaka Tanks

FT seems capable of messing up many things lately. They could have just as easily gotten the correct magnets in stock. Co-ops have been ordering correct from China.
#13 (permalink)      12/7/2013 10:35:58 AM   + tips
Gatorraid
  • JoinedAug 2013
  • Posts 190
  • Reviews 49
  • Kudos93
2 kudos received details
Neodymium Magnets have strength ratings that start with an "N" (i.e. N45 or N52) the higher the number the stronger the magnets attractive/repulsive force. I have seen on other forums people commenting which are best for the Nemesis Some preferred the softer touch of an N35 some preferred a higher strength that wouldn't fire under weight like some have mentioned here. Bottom line is that the Diameter of a ring magnet alone doe not determine its strength. The magnets are made by forcing an electric current through the rare earth metals and the stronger the current and the longer the exposure the stronger the magenet will be regardless of size. Magnets with more mass will have the ability to be made stronger but that isn't the only factor, so just because these magnets are smaller doesn't necessarily mean they are also weaker. Since the strength isn't listed in the description the only way to find out is to ask FT if they have the spec or just try and buy a set for a buck and see if its right for you.

Here is an explanation I found on a magnet retailers site.It might come in handy if you are shopping around for just the right magnets....

Grades of Neodymium
N35, N38, N42, N38SH...what does it all mean? Neodymium magnets are all graded by the material they are made of. As a very general rule, the higher the grade (the number following the 'N'), the stronger the magnet. The highest grade of neodymium magnet currently available is N52. Any letter following the grade refers to the temperature rating of the magnet. If there are no letters following the grade, then the magnet is standard temperature neodymium. The temperature ratings are standard (no designation) - M - H - SH - UH - EH.
#14 (permalink)      12/7/2013 3:28:41 PM   + tips
freefromsmoking
  • JoinedJul 2013
  • Posts 25
  • Reviews 37
  • Kudos7
2 kudos received details
The authentic magnets for the Nemesis switch conversion are 17mm OD, 10mm ID and 1mm thick

They can be bought here with free worldwide postage: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/17-x-1-10mm-Hole-Ring-17x1mm-Ring-Strong-Magnet-N35-OD17H1ID10-/171171307825?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&var=&hash=item27da9ae131&clk_rvr_id=557477539529
#15 (permalink)      12/7/2013 5:59:25 PM   + tips
jubiare
  • JoinedJul 2013
  • Posts 21
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos5
freefromsmoking, those ones ^^^^ are N35 grade... is that good enough for it?
#16 (permalink)      12/7/2013 6:17:35 PM   + tips
buswheels44
  • JoinedJul 2013
  • Posts 26
  • Reviews 1
  • Kudos5
the ones on dx, they're not strong enough , sat my nemesis down , i thought it was holding the mod . it was nt it was firing fried my kick 2. .the dx ones are really brittle and will break . the dx magnets are
not big enough and would not slide over the pin in the switch either . so they really do not work as they are suppose to .i ended up buying 2 magnets for $10.00 good ones and added a dx magnet on the bottom .works great now .
#17 (permalink)      12/7/2013 6:29:06 PM   + tips
crxess
  • JoinedApr 2013
  • Posts 310
  • Reviews 18
  • Kudos144

the ones on dx, they're not strong enough , sat my nemesis down , i thought it was holding the mod . it was nt it was firing fried my kick 2. .the dx ones are really brittle and will break . the dx magnets are
not big enough and would not slide over the pin in the switch either . so they really do not work as they are suppose to .i ended up buying 2 magnets for $10.00 good ones and added a dx magnet on the bottom .works great now .

Obviously my post contradicts yours. Knowing how to install, how to adjust and how to test will prove out my earlier response.

The Magnets do not need to slide over the pin. The pin site in the Delron when assembled and the magnets ride BELOW.

Strength is set by rate AND DISTANCE. if your switch gap is to wide it will fire before magnet force increases enough to stop motion.

All 1mm thick Neo magnets are Brittle it is the nature of neodynium. If allowed to slap together 1 or Both can shatter.

#18 (permalink)      12/7/2013 6:30:36 PM   + tips
buswheels44
  • JoinedJul 2013
  • Posts 26
  • Reviews 1
  • Kudos5
https://www.fasttech.com/forums/1448300/t/1109016/nemesis-magnets-installation-pictorial
#19 (permalink)      12/8/2013 12:15:09 AM   + tips
Shamus
  • JoinedJun 2013
  • Posts 215
  • Reviews 97
  • Kudos58
1 kudos received details
The DX magnets work fine in mine, just not in 18650 mode with an AGR+ on it. No problems in 18350 mode with IGO-W. I did go to three magnets and could stand it up in 18650 mode with the AGR+ with kick and it didn't fire, but I prefer the two magnet softer feel. Also, the Nemesis has a lock ring, use it and don't depend on a spring or magnets to keep it from firing. Get something besides a bottom button mod if you want to stand it up and not mess with things such as safety, lol.
#20 (permalink)      12/8/2013 11:16:13 AM   + tips
Gatorraid
  • JoinedAug 2013
  • Posts 190
  • Reviews 49
  • Kudos93
Also, it should be known that all Neodymium magnets are brittle and prone to cracking. They are made from powdered metals (Iron, Neodymium, and boron) that are fused together under heat to form a crystal structure. Crystals make structures where all the atoms line up neatly making it a good metal for introducing a magnetic field to. However, crystal structures are also often brittle so these magnets are not suitable for uses where there is repeated impact. That's why they are good as a Nemesis spring replacement. However if you drop it on the floor it might shatter. I used to use Neodymium Magnets when installing home alarms. The magnets had a hole in the center for a screw. They would often crack if the screw was over torqued even by 1/8th of a turn. Nemesis magnets are even thinner than those used in alarms at only 1 mm thick. So if you had these or the originals I would advise that you handle them with kid gloves until they are safely installed in the mod, and then always be careful not to drop the mod...which is something I think anyone with a mod as nice as a Nemesis would be doing all the time anyway.

As for the strength, I like using the button with my pinky so I like a soft press. N35 is prolly good for me, But I also keep the Nemmy in my pocket when not in use so I am accustomed to using the locking ring all the time. If you have this habit you wont need to worry about burning anything up. Otherwise go for a stronger magnet i guess. But a stronger magnet will feel just as strong as the original spring or stronger....so I'm not sure what the advantage for the magnets would be in the long run since the springs would probably last longer and are cheaper to replace over time considering the fragility of the magnets.
#21 (permalink)      12/10/2013 6:41:44 PM   + tips
NickSteel
  • JoinedMar 2013
  • Posts 77
  • Reviews 5
  • Kudos15
1 kudos received details
Maybe I am an exception, but:

The DX in my FT SS Nemesis are supposedly: Outer diameter 14mm, inner diameter of 9.5mm, thickness 1mm

They install by placing the pin in the switch after installing the magnets and switch, just before the screw.

I have had no problem with brittleness.

I have 3 in mine, as I like the switch to be firm. It doesn't accidentally fire when standing on end with kick, 18650 and Protank2.

The switch is very smooth and works fine for me.