shopping cart empty
WORLDWIDE FREE SHIPPING

Kraken vs. RSST
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Login to rate this thread.
#1 (permalink)      11/27/2013 2:37:55 AM   + tips
Nicnac
  • JoinedAug 2013
  • Posts 9
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos0
Kraken vs. RSST
Which one do you think is better between this kraken or an authentic smoktech rsst? Does one hit harder? Is there a quality difference?
#2 (permalink)      11/27/2013 2:58:13 AM   + tips
donn2
  • JoinedJul 2013
  • Posts 997
  • Reviews 283
  • Kudos1201
My Kraken clone is on its way, I cant tell you the difference on how they vape yet. But I can tell you something about the built as per description of the kraken.

I have an RSST as well, RSST is very easy to build and you have lesser chances of grounds because the wick hole is isolated. The tank is not glass, some juices can break it. The stock air hole is small, is is a tight draw, if you're vaping at low ohms, it's best to drill the hole out so you can have the best of it. Also the RSST is very flexible, you're not gonna have some problems in making it sit flush on a mod that doesn't have adjustable pin, the pole of RSST is adjustable itself.

The kraken as per description looks good, it has an AFC (air flow control), no need for drilling to adjust the draw, you can go dual as it has 2 wick holes. Tank is made of glass, no worries about juice to fill.

Edited on 11/27/2013 at 3:43 AM. Reason:
Get in the Shed @ https://www.facebook.com/groups/755829437763913/
#3 (permalink)      11/27/2013 3:42:08 AM   + tips
SideshowBob
  • JoinedOct 2013
  • Posts 282
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos96
All that donn wrote is true.

Also the RSST top cap comes lose quite easily and it leaks from the deck down the centre post. The Kraken air chamber looks to be smaller and should give more flavour and warmth.
Battery safety start here -> http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/announcements-news/129007-warning-rechargeable-batteries-apvs.html - - - - - http://ecigssavelives.co.uk/
#4 (permalink)      11/28/2013 9:56:36 PM   + tips
HaTTerS
  • JoinedNov 2013
  • Posts 24
  • Reviews 34
  • Kudos31
1 kudos received details
I think you'll find the new RSST tanks are made from Polypropylene rather than Polycarbonate, which is rugged and unusually resistant to many chemical solvents, bases and acids. I doubt you'll find a juice that will damage them.
I have a legit RSST and a FT Kraken.
The RSST needed the air hole drilled out and I agree the top cap can come off easily, but I've had no issues regarding leaking (I do keep the deck pretty clean though).
The Kraken on the other hand currently does leak for me. I've only had the Kraken for a couple of days so I need to spend more time with it to find out why.
Out of the box, the RSST wins for useability, it vapes well for a single coil.
The Kraken wins for pure sexiness and I am very impressed with the performance of it. It vapes like a champ. I just need to work out where/why it is leaking.

*Update* I fixed the leaking. Additional review added.

Edited on 11/30/2013 at 7:27 AM. Reason:
Poised on the edge of sanity.
#5 (permalink)      11/29/2013 1:45:06 AM   + tips
azzimov
  • JoinedJul 2013
  • Posts 74
  • Reviews 35
  • Kudos202
HaTTerS Please upload a photo of your setup, you've described in review if possible!
#6 (permalink)      11/30/2013 8:10:38 AM   + tips
HaTTerS
  • JoinedNov 2013
  • Posts 24
  • Reviews 34
  • Kudos31
azzimov
Requested photo's are up in a new topic.
Poised on the edge of sanity.
#7 (permalink)      1/11/2014 10:14:13 AM   + tips
Heavyrockerforlife
  • JoinedJun 2013
  • Posts 525
  • Reviews 23
  • Kudos141
Ive tried tons of citric juices in the RSST tank and it dont bother the tank,i have the Kraken but i pefer the RSST.It lighter,no rubber orings that contact the juice either,the tank is not loose like the the Kraken anf its heavy as hell.
#8 (permalink)      1/11/2014 10:46:03 AM   + tips
VaporRipper
  • JoinedAug 2013
  • Posts 286
  • Reviews 5
  • Kudos238
@ninac... If this is your 1st genesis, then RSST. Much easier to build on. As mentioned; isolated wick hole helps with "hot spots" and spring on positive post to secure wire is a nice feature. Plastic tank is a great design and it won't be broken when you get it in the mail. Every genesis owner should have one and/or probably has had one. RSST is a good go to genny that is always reliable and the only tinkering needed would be to drill out the air bigger (top cap is thin, so not to difficult). I own 2 by the way.
Sittin' in the clouds
#9 (permalink)      1/11/2014 11:38:35 AM   + tips
Lenneth
  • JoinedOct 2013
  • Posts 25
  • Reviews 64
  • Kudos15
1 kudos received details
The Kraken is not airtight enough and there's air infiltration from everywhere. On the other hand, the RSST has a way too small stock airhole. The RSST is also far superior concerning the ease of build. Spring loaded positive post and insulated wick hole are a huge plus when it comes to coil building.

That being said I don't like Genesis style atomizer I'd rather get a Kayfun, Taifun or Aqua instead but if you're dead set on Genesis the RSST is light, easy to build and perform nicely to me after enlarging the air hole.
#10 (permalink)      1/11/2014 12:03:41 PM   + tips
anfalas
  • JoinedOct 2013
  • Posts 2282
  • Reviews 39
  • Kudos3334
...my RSST is on the way but the kraken is total dynamite!! Best airflow control of any atomizer I've used ;) Personally, I found the build really easy.

Get both :)
#11 (permalink)      1/11/2014 3:32:31 PM   + tips
Heavyrockerforlife
  • JoinedJun 2013
  • Posts 525
  • Reviews 23
  • Kudos141
The RSST is a GREAT atty,its a classic to me.