shopping cart empty
WORLDWIDE FREE SHIPPING
50-pack

ithaka positive post o rings?
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Login to rate this thread.
#1 (permalink)      10/20/2013 9:15:53 PM   quote/reply + tips
irvthekid
  • JoinedAug 2013
  • Posts 15
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos2
ithaka positive post o rings?
just wondering are these the same size as the positive post o ring the one that trap the wires?
#2 (permalink)      10/21/2013 12:11:46 AM   quote/reply + tips
x3raptor
  • JoinedAug 2013
  • Posts 367
  • Reviews 2
  • Kudos183
I don't think so, 8mm OD is way too much and 4.4 ID is too much as well. you can cut a small piece on the top of one of your dripping bottles and it will fit on it, that's what I did. (the flexible kind) and it holds the wires much better and no leaking
touch your dreams ®
#3 (permalink)      10/23/2013 12:13:19 AM   quote/reply + tips
Noel.
Staff
  • JoinedOct 2013
  • Posts 277
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos68
These O-rings don't fit on ithaka positive.

Edited on 10/23/2013 at 9:06 PM. Reason:
Please note that forum threads are not equivlent to tickets. We try to respond to all questions in forums, but unlike tickets, response time for threads may largely vary between threads.
#4 (permalink)      5/31/2014 2:06:50 PM   quote/reply + tips
Johnwhitt57
  • JoinedMay 2013
  • Posts 2
  • Reviews 2
  • Kudos0
I dont think these will work for ithaka, but I found a useful youtube video for repairing/replacing the o-ring on the positive connection (the part of the pin that goes thru the channeled housing) heat shrink wire wrap (HSWW), very cheap fix using 3/32 heat shrink tubing got a whole kit for $3.80 and will last me for years to come. This keeps the post from shorting out. I tried it and it works great. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9RbDMqs79r4

The guy is brilliant for figuring this out, he must be an electrician. One can purchase HSWW online or ata hardware store, walmart...anywhere really. I was having so much trouble with my Ithaks before I saw this video, I recoomend