shopping cart empty
WORLDWIDE FREE SHIPPING

Why is Hcigar better ?
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Login to rate this thread.
#1 (permalink)      8/26/2013 8:33:40 PM   + tips
Lowtech
  • JoinedAug 2013
  • Posts 657
  • Reviews 6
  • Kudos378
Why is Hcigar better ?
Can some one explain what makes Hcigar version better then tobecco ? They both have brass contact(even if this version had silver pin, the difference in conductivity is minimal if the tube is SS IMO), dimension is the same etc.
I don't buy those posts stating safety issues on Chinese clones posted by resellers because at the end you can fix the flaws if there is any .
#2 (permalink)      8/26/2013 10:53:40 PM   + tips
PinoyBoy
  • JoinedApr 2013
  • Posts 1457
  • Reviews 39
  • Kudos1869
1 kudos received details
There are some clones made by tobecco that is just terrible. I have never bought tobecco product before, but the consensus is that they are inferior because of a few issues. Hcigar on the other hand has a good track record. EHpro is another cloning company which made the famous EHpro EA clone. Rainbow Heaven is also a different cloning company which came out with the Vamo, I think; I need confirmation on this one.
I am the $0.01 fairy.
#3 (permalink)      8/27/2013 1:08:37 AM   + tips
Piotr1971
  • JoinedJul 2013
  • Posts 25
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos6
@PinoyBoy, whats problems with clones from Tobeco, can You clearly?
#4 (permalink)      8/27/2013 1:46:16 AM   + tips
Lowtech
  • JoinedAug 2013
  • Posts 657
  • Reviews 6
  • Kudos378
@Pinoy Thanks for the info . Hope the brass version I bought isn't from Tobecco.
#5 (permalink)      8/27/2013 3:38:29 AM   + tips
KeyBee
  • JoinedAug 2013
  • Posts 400
  • Reviews 27
  • Kudos296
2 kudos received details
@PinoyBoy

Rainbow did Smyrna 1 aka MKBTS or how is it called. Best clone of GGTS. They made also original Terminator/Nautilus (clone of Oddy), Euforia (Penelope) and now Hercules (Ithaka).
Their clones are nearly identical, most of the parts could be switched with original.

EH pro is cool, now they made also n-zonic clone.

Tobeco (not Tobecco - it is Together Best Cooperation)... I heared some good things lately but Oddy clone was so poor... I will wait until see something really HQ from them.

Hcig - honestly I think it is not the same like RH or EH pro... they made some mistakes too in past. But possibly they bought new CNC and copied this well ;)
#6 (permalink)      8/27/2013 2:38:02 PM   + tips
Lowtech
  • JoinedAug 2013
  • Posts 657
  • Reviews 6
  • Kudos378
Havana Cigar>Hcig / Tobacco>Tobecco LOL.These company names do really need mod.
I have an Ithaka FT,no idea who made this but a great one this is.
I really wish for a EHpro stock here in FT and Rainbow sounds great as well, I don't get the Sigelei hype.
#7 (permalink)      8/27/2013 3:59:37 PM   + tips
PinoyBoy
  • JoinedApr 2013
  • Posts 1457
  • Reviews 39
  • Kudos1869
Sigelei is cool because they've ripped off pretty much everyone. Their mods are around $20 - $35 depending on which model (over 50 models!) and which vendor you buy it from. Almost all of them are stainless steel, or brass, with a chrome plated brass connections. Almost all of them have excellent threads. They have a large following on Reddit, ECF, aussievapers, calivapers, and other online communities. They are available to American vendors.

However, despite their low price and high availability, many of them are in need of slight modification to make them work near flawlessly. Usually sanding the contact points and hot spring issues are the most common ones.
I am the $0.01 fairy.
#8 (permalink)      8/27/2013 4:34:08 PM   + tips
Mrcrunch08
  • JoinedMar 2013
  • Posts 288
  • Reviews 53
  • Kudos167
1 kudos received details
If sigelei would stop making all their mods 23mm and actually test them before they start producing and selling them they could dominate the market but I have yet to see one mod from them that didn't get released with some sort of issue. I personally lost all respect for them. I have owned 7 of their mods and it shows in every one of them that they aren't willing to waste money on QC. The only 2 mods i liked were the zmax v2 and flat top tele zmax. Every mechanical needed something to get it working like it should with the #20 not being able to perform no matter what even with new hot spring. Even that I was willing to look past since I like to tinker anyway but they aren't even cloning the original mods and their clones of the clone is worse then the clone they are cloning. Lmao, I couldn't help myself. Their clone of the k100 is a perfect example.
#9 (permalink)      8/29/2013 2:28:13 AM   + tips
dominador2nd
  • JoinedJul 2013
  • Posts 429
  • Reviews 8
  • Kudos208
1 kudos received details
So, who manufactures these chi yous?
#10 (permalink)      8/29/2013 7:50:25 AM   + tips
dubneg
  • JoinedJun 2013
  • Posts 13
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos10
Im not sure who makes these. But i know they are not made by Hcigar. I just ordered some from them and asked. They said they do not supply fasttech with the mods.
#11 (permalink)      8/29/2013 8:03:47 AM   + tips
dominador2nd
  • JoinedJul 2013
  • Posts 429
  • Reviews 8
  • Kudos208
hmm, well when you get yours from here, can you compare them?