shopping cart empty
WORLDWIDE FREE SHIPPING

Plastic?
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Login to rate this thread.
#21 (permalink)      6/23/2013 1:57:58 PM   quote/reply + tips
skypea
  • JoinedMay 2013
  • Posts 359
  • Reviews 82
  • Kudos205
I know it doesnt make any sense. And thats what I said on their facebook page. Had me super confussed so my peabrain deemed drama. I edited my post to show you the deals I got there and why I think they are a competator. So when do you think you will buy one? Im hoping in about a week and a half. I bought a eroll set with leather case from someplace else and some boutique juice so I have to wait on the FT order. Wait, did you say you have a protank? I don't remember. I do.
"That was the stun setting. This is not."
#22 (permalink)      6/23/2013 2:03:06 PM   quote/reply + tips
Jacq.
  • JoinedMay 2013
  • Posts 8
  • Reviews 2
  • Kudos4
+1 details
Skypea, in that link Butters says he bought his Kamry on ebay. Where does it say he purchased the FT one?

No offence, but this was originally listed as a Kanger, and then it's a Kamry, and now just X9. It's possible its made by a different person altogether.

So I will wait until someone has this exact item listed, in hand, and can say what material it is made of, since FT hasn't replied.

Edited on 6/23/2013 at 2:43 PM. Reason:
#23 (permalink)      6/23/2013 2:40:44 PM   quote/reply + tips
5150sick
  • JoinedMay 2013
  • Posts 347
  • Reviews 1
  • Kudos201
+2 details
I saw them on eBay for 13 bucks and told the ECF guys about it.
Notice the same screen name (5150sick) in the ECF post.

We also heard last night on the Mod Envy show that the Kamrys are plastic and a lot of people are refusing to stock them because Kamry lied and their paperwork on the X9 said they were pyrex.

With all that being said these are no longer listed as Kamry here but were listed as Kamry brand yesterday so I have no clue what is going on.

Did Fasttech take the Kamry name brand out of the title because someone from their staff was watching mod envy, or heard about the issue somewhere else and these are really pyrex?

You notice the words "pyrex glass" ARE still in the title.
I ordered one myself and will know in less than 2 weeks.
I will let you guys know.

NsaneJain: I think I might have saw you in the chat on Mod Envy last night. :)
#24 (permalink)      6/23/2013 5:32:58 PM   quote/reply + tips
skypea
  • JoinedMay 2013
  • Posts 359
  • Reviews 82
  • Kudos205
Oh! Ok that makes more sense, I thought I read he got it here. I'll go read the thread again. I wondered how he got it shipped fast. Thanks.

Ok got it. I stand corrected. I never heard of Mod Envy so I'll take your word for it. Can you watch it now so I can see what they said or is it too late? So the drama is real? Hmmm sorry I did not believe it. And sorry that I ordered the blue Kamry X6 set. Really? They lied? Well what did they lie about in the set I just bought? Name of this changed again, yes I see that. hmmm? My names the same on ecf also. I'll look for you there.
#25 (permalink)      6/23/2013 7:50:02 PM   quote/reply + tips
Vapor
  • JoinedApr 2013
  • Posts 2056
  • Reviews 116
  • Kudos1110
49 Grams it has to be glass or a bunch more metal than the kanger! I Just bought two. I look forward to seeing how the air flows on these clones. If they are to tight it will be very easy to add the Kanger cuts to the bottom.

For the record so far my experience with Kamry products have led me to believe they suck. I purchased a k-200 and it is pure garbage. All kinds of electrical issues. I'm hoping Kamry can handle something as simple as a tank.
Don't steal - the government hates competition!
#26 (permalink)      6/23/2013 10:43:04 PM   quote/reply + tips
5150sick
  • JoinedMay 2013
  • Posts 347
  • Reviews 1
  • Kudos201
VaporJoe has just confirmed that these are made of Pyrex and they hold more Juice than the ProTank!!!

http://vaporjoe.blogspot.com/2013/06/confirmed-glass-kamry-x9-protank.html

Confirmed on ECF and EricHill78 from ECF has taken pictures of this with a protank side to side so you can see this one is about 1/4 inch taller.

Case Closed :)
#27 (permalink)      6/24/2013 12:11:36 AM   quote/reply + tips
NoneGiven2
  • JoinedApr 2013
  • Posts 1466
  • Reviews 25
  • Kudos1254
+1 details
Skypea, I'm going to buy one on my next order, already in-cart. Not sure when that's going to be though, maybe a week or two, depends on my wallet and what I can force myself to remove from my cart haha!

I guess a better deal here or there might make FT consider them a competitor then, I'll edit my posts to remove the full name or link, so they don't get mad at me :)

Yes, I do have a Kanger protank. And you can watch the modevny show on vaporjoes blog, at least it was still on there a minute ago. It's under the "Join email" and Google+ followers list there on the left.
#28 (permalink)      6/24/2013 1:34:47 AM   quote/reply + tips
Jacq.
  • JoinedMay 2013
  • Posts 8
  • Reviews 2
  • Kudos4
VaporJoe's confirmation is the same thread SkyPea posted, where EricHill compares the Kamry (from eBay) with the Protank. Can anyone confirm that THIS protank, the X9, from Fasttech (who have removed "Kamry" from the description, btw) is glass? Not the one from ebay, but this one, from FastTech. Until that's the case, I'm still going to hold off.

In a few weeks I can feel like a slowbro when everyone else has their nice glass tanks, but it's better than feeling like a schmuck and getting a plastic one.
#29 (permalink)      6/24/2013 1:34:49 AM   quote/reply + tips
5150sick
  • JoinedMay 2013
  • Posts 347
  • Reviews 1
  • Kudos201
I always have a cart load of stuff and have to end up removing 2/3 of it before I can buy the rest. :)
I looked at my cart yesterday and it said $432.00!!!!
I had to get rid of about $400.00 worth of stuff before I could buy.
#30 (permalink)      6/24/2013 3:12:32 AM   quote/reply + tips
skypea
  • JoinedMay 2013
  • Posts 359
  • Reviews 82
  • Kudos205
Thank you Nonegiven for the info on the modenvy show. I did watch it and saw where they were talking about the tank. I'm going to get one on my next order too if there are any left. Waiting for payday too. Like you 5150sick I always overload my cart! Then it gets moved to the wishlist and back a few times as I decide if I want to eat ramen noodles or steak for the week. lol! Jacq, nobody I know has gotten this exact one yet that I know of. But soon. ;)
#31 (permalink)      6/24/2013 7:10:02 AM   quote/reply + tips
5150sick
  • JoinedMay 2013
  • Posts 347
  • Reviews 1
  • Kudos201
+1 details
I think quite a few of us have one on the way.
I think it is worth checking out for under 7 dollars.
Even if it is less than you expected it is still worth 7 bucks.
That is the price that a US vendor charges for a CE4+!
I have a feeling we are all going to be in for a surprise when we see how nice this thing really is!

skypea: You and I are both Vamo users (I have 2 V2's and a V3) and I think since no tanks are perfectly flush on the Vamo this will allow for perfect air flow. That tiny crack between the Kamry X9 and the Vamo V2's top will be just enough space to allow air to flow just as well as with the protank.
The Kamry is supposed to have a less airy draw and I think that will make for a really great Vape! I am very excited to get one. :) :)