shopping cart empty
WORLDWIDE FREE SHIPPING

Fire button problem
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Login to rate this thread.
#1 (permalink)      11/10/2013 4:00:16 AM   + tips
rada0309
  • JoinedOct 2013
  • Posts 1
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos0
Fire button problem
I just got my iTaste svd and from the start i got problems with fire button. I must squeeze really hard to get connection. Is enybody has a similar problem?
#2 (permalink)      11/12/2013 5:07:49 PM   + tips
GabyDu
  • JoinedJun 2013
  • Posts 86
  • Reviews 67
  • Kudos21
I got mine four days ago. Fire button does not work at all.

Bad luck or just shitty mod?

Edited on 11/12/2013 at 5:08 PM. Reason:
#3 (permalink)      11/13/2013 6:46:30 AM   + tips
lborrego
  • JoinedOct 2013
  • Posts 2
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos1
I got mine about 2 weeks ago; I was having the same problem with the fire button. Until I noticed that the protecting board on the battery was turning the power off. I peeled the plastic layer off the battery and removed the electronic board. (Don’t worry, there is a second plastic layer covering the battery, and you are supposed to use unprotected batteries with this MOD).
After I did that I had no problems at all.
#4 (permalink)      11/13/2013 8:17:39 AM   + tips
GabyDu
  • JoinedJun 2013
  • Posts 86
  • Reviews 67
  • Kudos21
Batteries I use are unprotected.
#5 (permalink)      11/13/2013 9:12:14 PM   + tips
JSb873
  • JoinedSep 2013
  • Posts 2
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos0
Mine too. Just received 5 days ago and same thing, either cuts out or shuts itself off. Seems like short in button as I can see it either flicker or just shut off. I too am using unprotected 18650. Just sent a ticket for exchanged so hopefully just a defective one. I love it when it works for a couple puffs in a row here and there.
#6 (permalink)      11/14/2013 2:17:32 AM   + tips
lborrego
  • JoinedOct 2013
  • Posts 2
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos1
1 kudos received details
JSb873 and GabyDu ;

Go to the link below and read “OHMS LAW” it will help you to know the reason your iTaste svd is shutting down, also read your manual so you can change the settings on your device. By the description of your problem I believe the output voltage or wattage to the coil is too high for your battery to handle and the device is protecting your battery.

https://www.fasttech.com/forums/vapers/t/1015035/beginners-topics

I hope this helps.
#7 (permalink)      11/14/2013 10:20:37 PM   + tips
JSb873
  • JoinedSep 2013
  • Posts 2
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos0
Thanks for the reply. Ohms I'm using are 1.8-2.7 @ 7 watts should equal the same as +- 4 volts. Can vape all the same tanks on ego twists 3.8-4.1 volts with no issue. Maybe I'll buy new batteries but won't expect and issue running high drain Panasonic's. I truly wish I was overlooking something but I do feel something is wrong with the unit. I'll see if I can pick up a couple different batteries. It works perfect about half the time but very very annoying shutting off or after 2 seconds button light goes out like not being pressed but if repressed works fine. Just not very enjoyable getting getting couple good puffs, than off than 2 second puff or 5 second puff, I don't know. Love it otherwise but can't use it this way. Thanks though.
#8 (permalink)      11/15/2013 3:22:45 AM   + tips
GabyDu
  • JoinedJun 2013
  • Posts 86
  • Reviews 67
  • Kudos21
Thanks @lborrego,

But I can not change the settings on my device. It just does not work at all.
#9 (permalink)      11/15/2013 8:44:35 PM   + tips
djkanora
  • JoinedJul 2013
  • Posts 18
  • Reviews 1
  • Kudos6
@GabyDu - Sounds like the same problem I had. The button just didn't work. I got an RMA and had a new one in 8 days (I live in Tucson, AZ USA). I had no problem getting a replacement BUT the replacement acted up on me. Same old story - the black on/off button did not work sometimes. VERY AGGRAVATING! Thanks to @lborrego I stripped my battery and am not having any problems. I simply ripped off the outer layer of plastic to expose the entire negative battery body. This made for a definitely grounded battery which is what I think half the problem is. Those telescopic threads are not your friend. I may be waaay off here but I don't think I was getting a good ground. I made this change a couple of hours ago and have been vaping away ever since. If I develop the problem I will re-post. Wish me luck. I never mentioned that I did not have a circuit board on my 18650 battery so all I really did was expose the ground just about everywhere. It makes no sense but that's my story. Your mileage may vary and if you don't have a clue then don't follow my directions - and that goes for everybody. I don't want to be responsible for your popped battery!
#10 (permalink)      11/15/2013 9:41:46 PM   + tips
djkanora
  • JoinedJul 2013
  • Posts 18
  • Reviews 1
  • Kudos6
Well, it's been about 6 hours since I stripped my battery and I haven't gotten even a hiccup from my SVD. I will continue to chain vape it tonight and tomorrow and I will post my results tomorrow evening at 8 MST. For those of you who are going to RMA your's back to FastTech it's a pretty painless procedure. They have an outstanding support group who will tell you exactly what to do and you can expect a replacement back in little more than a week. That was my experience. This all occurred a couple of weeks ago. I am in the process of RMA'ing my 2nd SVD but I'm holding off now that it seems to be working. I am removing the battery when I go to bed because I am anal about lithium batteries and fires. I don't charge batteries overnight either. And the only device I have a battery in overnight is my Innotek MVP cause it's permanently attached.
#11 (permalink)      11/15/2013 9:44:02 PM   + tips
djkanora
  • JoinedJul 2013
  • Posts 18
  • Reviews 1
  • Kudos6
And @Gabydu - watch out for your unprotected battery - it might pick up a nasty SVD (serious venereal disease).