shopping cart empty
WORLDWIDE FREE SHIPPING

Problems
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Login to rate this thread.
#1 (permalink)      7/20/2013 4:21:42 PM   + tips
asneas
  • JoinedJun 2013
  • Posts 83
  • Reviews 68
  • Kudos29
1 kudos received details
Problems
Hi, After using this for just more than a week I'm having issues. The fire button doesn't want to fire properly sometimes and the threads seams to start wearing off on 510 connection, despite the fact I changed the atomizer 4 times. And I do take care of my devices, my one year old lava tube works fine and has no problems with 510 connection.
And I have have read that the SVD screen should be mirror like and mine is black. So did I received a bad copy/fake SVD from FT, or anyone else are having problems and similar issues.
Sorry for my English, but it's not the tongue of my mother :)
#2 (permalink)      7/20/2013 4:57:44 PM   + tips
e_smoke
  • JoinedMar 2013
  • Posts 1862
  • Reviews 335
  • Kudos3243
2 kudos received details
For firing issue alone I would raise an RMA ticket, hope you have better luck with your replacement.

Edited on 7/21/2013 at 10:58 AM. Reason:
striving4theperfectvapeifsuchathingexists
#3 (permalink)      7/20/2013 6:06:16 PM   + tips
bumbleballs
  • JoinedJan 2013
  • Posts 979
  • Reviews 1
  • Kudos1038
4 kudos received details
hi, you say the screen should be "mirror like" ,do you mean the screen itself ? or the screen surround with the screws in it ? have a look on the innokin site at the "new" svd here.

http://www.innokin.com/itaste-svd.html the screen itself look black in one photo, but looks different from the background photo ?

maybe they have changed the screen to black on the "new" version.. either way rma it due to the fire button problem.

Edited on 7/20/2013 at 6:45 PM. Reason:
#4 (permalink)      7/20/2013 7:38:50 PM   + tips
asneas
  • JoinedJun 2013
  • Posts 83
  • Reviews 68
  • Kudos29
1 kudos received details
Thank you for your answers. I will raise an RMA ticket. The screen suppose to be like the one on the SVD that is lying down. I have found a thread on ecf comparing SVD from FT to the genuine SVD and there are differences. Its too bad I found the thread after I started having problems. If for the button alone I could try taking it apart and changing it, the 510 conectio bothers me. It the FT version of SVD is "unbranded" or a clone, that comes from innokin's subcontractor, they might be using low grade brass (to cheapen the production) whitch is soft, more people could have problems in short run, aspecially if they are usin ss atomizers.
#5 (permalink)      7/20/2013 10:46:26 PM   + tips
frankthetank
  • JoinedMar 2013
  • Posts 1635
  • Reviews 128
  • Kudos1167
3 kudos received details
There are NO differences.I have one I bought from here and its got a mirror screen just like the SVD in pic on its side.have you taken a paperclip and pryed up easy on the corner of the screen theres a protective plastic that will come off,then the mirror shows a lot more.My threads were fine too,but Im not taking chances cuz all connections,even s.steel ones will wear down,so I bought a sealed 510 adapter that is permanently screwed down tight,did the same on my Vamo,so no juice or anything else can get in there...What do you mean by FT version is unbranded clone from innokin subcontractor?Ive never heard of any of that,just that innokin are crybabies.Are you saying your SVD did not come in a sealed Innokin box,with a user manual,and yours does not have-itazte svd-etched into the mod 3 times along with all the other etched arrows & directions???Mine Does...As for the button,return it,it must be defective.Dont think Innokin is above defects cuz theyre not.Svds,Mvps,iclear 16 & 30s all have suffered from manufacturer defects at one point or another.That dosent mean its a clone,its a mass produced mod that suffers defects like any other.Look what has happened this past week with Kangers Recall of all theyre defective ego batteries.Kanger is thought very highly of,theyre a great company,it still happens.I can say 110% FT sells real Innokin SVDs,because I received one.You must of got one with a lemon button,it sucks but it happens.I just had to return a kamry kts that had a defective button,it would not unlock,was totally seized up.I got my replacement this week and the new mods button is like butter.FT will also give you store credit for the shipping that it costs you to send the mod back,keep your receipt FT wants to see a pic of the shipping price.If you live in the U.S,theyll have you send it to Miami,make sure you get tracking,as soon as Miami receives the returned package,theyll send you out your replacement.G/L
#6 (permalink)      7/21/2013 12:58:30 AM   + tips
asneas
  • JoinedJun 2013
  • Posts 83
  • Reviews 68
  • Kudos29
1 kudos received details
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/variable-voltage-apv-discussion/439480-comparing-two-itaste-svds-w-pics.html

Here is the thread and mine looks like to one on the right in photos. And they do have links on that thread that leads to the sellers of not genuine SVD or to an SVD from other manufacturer, not Innokin.
I do know that electronics fail and are overpriced - look at the evic :) But you cant be 100% sure that FT sells genuine products.

I hate adapters, because the devices looks somehow out of the place with them. And threads should be made out of steel too on these devices and not some **** second grade plated brass (don't start telling me about conductivity etc. these aren't rocket ships, parts of power plant, that would need 100% accuracy). There is no point in having a durable body and **** poor 510 connection.

I might be done all together with FT, I'm just a small fish so who cares :)
#7 (permalink)      7/21/2013 2:00:18 AM   + tips
frankthetank
  • JoinedMar 2013
  • Posts 1635
  • Reviews 128
  • Kudos1167
3 kudos received details
A sealed shorty 510 to 510 adapter is 5mm high when screwed down on your device,and they look perfectly normal on my Vamo & SVD.Thats how everybody keeps their mods nice.Im not talking bout those huge 510-ego adapters.And I am 100% sure my SVD is genuine because I have it in my hands.The Evic is a POS and is $75 even here.We are talking about $37 for the SVD, at least you didnt pay $100 at another vendor with the same chance of receiving a faulty mod.Just put your RMA in and they,ll send you out a new one when they receive the faulty one.I know its frustrating given how long the shipping takes to receive the order,then send it back,then wait till it gets delivered again.Thats why as soon as an order ships, I place another one.then another.Ive returned or they replaced w/out wanting a return-1-ego battery,2-ce4+atties,& 1-kts storm in the past 3 months,it happens,at least they take care of it professionally...ps.There are 33 reviews from other people on the SVD all saying its genuine & theyre happy with it,so its not just my good luck.

Edited on 7/21/2013 at 2:04 AM. Reason:
#8 (permalink)      7/21/2013 3:18:47 AM   + tips
asneas
  • JoinedJun 2013
  • Posts 83
  • Reviews 68
  • Kudos29
I don't understand why are you defending FT that much frankthetank :) If you received a decent SVD that's fine. I received one that some people considers fake, that means that there is something wrong with the FT. It might be that FT has two different versions of this and ships out them randomly.
I like my devices flush, that's just me, I have lots of devices so I don't take take my tanks etc. off too often, just to rebuild them. The 510 connection is flawed in design, no one can argue with that, but this is completely different issue. I can repair the button my self, I have done this with other mods. I don't need to wait a month just to receive same flawed mod again.
This thread was more of warning to others and I wanted to know are anyone else having these problems.
#9 (permalink)      7/21/2013 8:07:42 AM   + tips
Gems295
  • JoinedMar 2013
  • Posts 614
  • Reviews 53
  • Kudos695
3 kudos received details
There are slightly different production date SVDs, on both express and full kits. Researching would have told you this, as do a lot of posts in the ecf thread you refer too. For example, the MVP was changed from 510 threads to ego/510 threads, that doesn't mean that the 510 batches are fake or the ego/510 batches are fake, it simply means that they changed the spec.

A "1st batch" SVD won't be 100% the same as a "100th batch" SVD, there are changes, improvements, differences to specs etc. all the time. That's all there is to it.

If you had any doubts about it's authenticity, and were having problems with the fire button? why didn't you just raise a ticket and ask/tell Fasttech?

I have got the SVD and MVP from Fasttech, they are 100% genuine, with user manuals and sealed boxes. Fasttech get asked on here a lot "is this genuine" "is this authentic" about mainly Innokin and Hangsen/Dekang ejuice, have you read their responses? if not, i suggest you do so. If you don't believe they are genuine after that, then that's your choice. One great thing with Fasttech is if they say it's a well known brand, then it is a well known brand. Also suggest you read the all reviews for the SVDs.

Raise your ticket, tell them the problem, ask about it's authenticity, when you are sorted, come on here and tell us all. :)

Edited on 7/21/2013 at 8:16 AM. Reason:
Vaping since April 2008 and still loving it :) Stopped smoking April 2008, soooooooo easy :)
#10 (permalink)      7/21/2013 2:39:28 PM   + tips
frankthetank
  • JoinedMar 2013
  • Posts 1635
  • Reviews 128
  • Kudos1167
3 kudos received details
Exactly Gem,someone who gets it.Im not defending FT,Im stating the facts, that hundreds of people have received real SVDs and MVPs from FT.There are constant updates on products f/ manufacturers,their are mistakes made,faulty parts used,etc.This is the manufacturers fault,INNOKIN in this case.To simply call a faulty product a fake is idiotic.Im starting to think this thread was a troll attempt.Your not going to RMA your new mod now,your going to change the button yourself?really the fire button that changes colors,the coolest part of this mod your just gonna rip out?Im done here,already wasted my time explaining how to return something that you dont want to return now,and Gem & I who own this mod,poked your so called warning to others about fakes, full of holes...Have fun on the forum debating with the other conspiracy theorists.Ill be vaping on a dripper with brass posts.
#11 (permalink)      7/21/2013 3:00:07 PM   + tips
asneas
  • JoinedJun 2013
  • Posts 83
  • Reviews 68
  • Kudos29
:D Jesus, you don't need to be the drama queens people.
I just pointed out what I have read, that is all, about debating fake vs non. The FT might be selling Wanhongkang or Elego made SVD and not the Innokins one, how would you know? They look identical, but could use lower grade material etc.
I think all information is useful. You can never be sure when it comes to china.
I don't care if my button lights as a Christmas tree, because its under my thumb when I vape. My main concern was with the 510 connection being way too fragile on mine. It might be new batch of these svd's that have black screens and are made with lower QC, so it be.
I don't want to start a flame wars around here.
I didn't asked about what should I do, I can read in English, all I wanted is to know are anyone having same problems as I do, that is all :)
Peace, how they say. Have a nice brassy vape. No offense taken on my side, as I believe we all are entitled to our own opinions :)